Re: [opensuse] How about integrating real 3D desktop - Looking Glass into openSUSE ?
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:18:08 +0100
Am Samstag, 6. Januar 2007 18:35 schrieb Randall R Schulz:

> > I think we need to support a real 3D desktop under Linux - not
> > XGL/compiz, but Looking Glass.

> What real utility does it have beyond the "wow factor" or eye candy
> value?
>
> > https://lg3d.dev.java.net/lg3d-getting-started.html

I played around a bit with that, they have a live cd out, and it's so totally
unlike compiz/beryl.
those two are _nothing_ but eye candy (tasty eye candy, though), but lg3d is a
new approach to how a desktop environment might work, with the help of
hardware 3d acceleration.

i'd _love_ to see suse-usable rpm packages for that soon.

bye,
MH

--
Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt gegen §1
UWG und 823 I BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az: 16 O 201/98). Jede

gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184 C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C