Re: [opensuse] switching Firefox to manual updates check
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 18:41:46 +1100
Carl Hartung wrote:
Addendum:

Several minutes after copying/pasting the netstat results into the post I was preparing, Firefox contacted Google again:

tcp 0 0 192.168.1.47:18513 72.14.253.91:80 ESTABLISHED 30940/firefox-bin

I'd already disabled the 'Search Engines' updates(?!) check and restarted Firefox, so I'd like to know what this is all about! And, no, my start page isn't Google... it's a self-maintained bookmarks.html stored locally.

TIA & regards,

Carl

Suggest that you ask the question directly in the FF forum, here-

http://forums.mozillazine.org/

You'll get a quicker answer.

Oh, you'll need to join the forums before you can post there. Not many people use real names there from what I have seen :-) .

Cheers.