[opensuse] T60 Sound troubles and 10.2
  • From: "Brian Blater" <brb.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 02:21:58 -0500
Just finished installing opensuse 10.2 on my T60. So far so good. I
like the changes. No major issues during install. Had a few problems
with repos, but I used a different mirror and it worked. I was able to
install the ATI driver without problems. So, for the most part I'm
pretty happy.

However, the one little "gotcha" I can't figure out is the sound. I
can see that an mp3 is playing in amarok or realplayer, but I hear
nothing. I've got packman and guru in the install sources and have
updated the system to play mp3s. A google search mentioned something
about playing with the settings in Kmix for the mic and "capture". I
couldn't figure out what they were specifically talking about (might
be that it's so late and my brain has shut down for the weekend) so I
played with the settings but no luck.

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions for getting sound working on this T60?

Thanks,
Brian