Re: [opensuse] problem with konqueror image preview
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:53:02 +1100
Kai Ponte wrote:
On Friday 05 January 2007 19:35, Basil Chupin wrote:
Kai Ponte wrote:
On a new comparison, I did the same in Super User mode, and see that the
Meta Info tab is enabled for JPEG files and the Auto Preview tab
functions as normal.
Hmmm, interesting "problem" :-) . Who actually owns the directory(ies)
where the jpgs reside?

AFAIK, I do. The user is set to kai and group users on the directory and ones above.

I find it very odd super user can see previews and I cannot.

Maybe I'll just run as root.
Doesn't that sound like a good idea?

If it saves lots of hassles then why not?

Back to serious things....

Is this inability to preview jpegs restricted to the one directory or is universal across all HDs/directories?

What I am finding odd is that the Permissions and Preview are greyed out .

What you could do is (1) put some jpegs into some other directory and see what occurs there, and (2) create a new (ordinary) user and see if the same happens to that user.

In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
that tragedy is just around the corner.
What is that? Something from NetHack? :)
Don't know what NetHack is

One of the first Adventure-style games from the latter '80s. I played it at university.

http://www.nethack.org/

Ah, OK.

but it's not from there - it's a tagline from the late 80s-early90s I used on the BBS :-) .

...I forsee half the peeps here going out and looking up what a BBS is. :P

Yes, I thought of typing 'BBS' in full but thought, "What the heck, let them find out the hard way" :-) .

(How things have changed in such a short time! :-) .)

Cheers.