Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 02:08:27 +0100 (CET)

The Friday 2007-01-05 at 23:42 +0400, Sergey Mkrtchyan wrote:

> > I say, ban all HTML in e-mail messages.

Mmmm.... what about freedom of choice?

> > Everyone who agrees, raise your arm. Everyone who disagrees, raise both
> > arms. Then count and enforce the result... ;-)

Why enforce?

> I send and receive lots of e-mails which contain equations. I just prepare
> them using any equation editor and paste them as pictures in my HTML e-mail.
> So I raise my both hands ;)

Good enough reason, for you :-)

I use plain text for lists, it saves many bytes. I reserve html for
special needs. I don't see it as evil, just often unneceasry.

> While we are at it, let me ask, why in plain text messages several spaces
> (&nbsp;) are displayed as one? When I send letter as plain text my signature
> screws up, displaying not DNA there at all.
>
> I should mention that signature is HTML file, which I attach in Thunderbird as
> my signature?

You need to create a diferent signature in plain text. Use a diferent
profile for the list, which uses plain text and sig.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.