Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 02:02:57 +0100 (CET)

The Friday 2007-01-05 at 15:46 -0500, Geir A. Myrestrand wrote:

> Sergey Mkrtchyan wrote:

> > I send and receive lots of e-mails which contain equations. I just prepare
> > them using any equation editor and paste them as pictures in my HTML e-mail.
> > So I raise my both hands ;)
>
> Note that you can send images without using HTML. Just make references to the
> attached images if necessary. There are also document formats you can use for
> this that will serve your content better.

With html the image is shown inserted in the right place in the text flow.
With plain text he would be forced to look it up. This is comparable to
having books with the images printed in a separata in the middle of the
book, because the printing machine can't handle it.

Web sites use html. Nobody tells them to use plain text. Html is not evil
per se. Use of html by evil people can be evil. That's different.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.