[opensuse] Reverting the kernel
  • From: Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 19:07:09 -0500
Because my problems with my sound card seem to be incurable (or at least no
one can tell me how to cure them) with the current kernel version
(2.6.18.2-34), I'd like to revert to the immediately preceding kernel
version. Where can I find it? And what problems might I encounter if I do
the reversion?

The problem, by the way, is that Yast gives me the following error message
when I attempt to install the sound card:

An error occurred during the installation of K7VT2 motherboard. The kernel
module snd-via82xx for sound support could not be loaded. This can be caused
by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

I've reported this to the kernel and ALSA folks, but no one there has been
able to help me. The module appears to be loaded but alsaconf, after
identifying it, reports that no sound card can be found.

Paul