Re: [opensuse] problem with konqueror image preview
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:40:32 -0800
On Thursday 04 January 2007 22:50, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Kai Ponte wrote:
> > http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/2007/suse101_konq_preview.jpg
> >
> > You can see here a split screen of the same directory. The top is Konq in
> > super user mode showing the previews and the bottom is the same directory
> > in peon mode showing no previews.
> >
> > What did I break?
>
> Right-click on a jpeg image->Properties. What are the permissions set to
> and the Auto Preview?

Permissions - which are greyed out - are set to Owner Can Read and Write,
Group Can Read, Others Can Read. The Is Executable bit is checked.

Ownership is set to user kai, group "users".

The Preview tab shows nothing, but - greyed out - the Automatic Preview button
is checked.

I decided to compare against a .png file which does show a preview. On it,
there is a Meta Info tab and the Preview tab shows a smallish preview with
the Automatic Preview checkbox enabled and checked.

On a new comparison, I did the same in Super User mode, and see that the Meta
Info tab is enabled for JPEG files and the Auto Preview tab functions as
normal.

> In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
> that tragedy is just around the corner.

What is that? Something from NetHack? :)

--
kai - theperfectreign@xxxxxxxxx

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...