Re: [opensuse] Question for iPod users out there!
  • From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:29:58 +0200
Jan Kupec wrote:
Jorge Fábregas wrote:

Hello there,

I'm planning to buy an ipod and after googling for "linux+ ipod" I think I'm going to use GTKpod. I have a question though...
Assuming my iPod is already formatted with FAT32, isn't it just a matter of mounting the ipod and copy my mp3's to some specific folder on the "mounted drive"? Why do I need an app? I initially thought that the ipod (Nano 2G in this case) wasn't perceived as an "USB mass storage device" but I'm confused now :(
Hi Jorge,

I have just received a link about running iPods on Linux and I hope that it helps you.

Using your iPod on Linux
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/LinuxAppFinderWebLinks/~3/70249859/

i have not used the link and the article seems to deal with RedHat but YMMV.

Regards