Re: [opensuse] arts, alsa and oss
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:25:50 +0100
>>> On 05-01-2007 at 14:15, Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> check the premissions of the /dev/<oss specific> files and make sure
they
>> have read access for the users or approp group (e.g. audio, etc).
>
> Looked in /dev and all audio related things seem to have the right
rw
> permissions.

As the poster said you should verify the rights for the group audio,
one more thing to remember: in openSUSE 10.2, users are by default NOT
in the audio group anymore. Rights to the Sound Device is handled
different. Maybe for OSS the group Membership is still required?? I just
don't have anything around to test it.

Dominique