Re: [opensuse] Asterisk & fax
  • From: Kaare Rasmussen <kaare@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:04:24 +0100
I reported this back in December:

> The problem is that rx_fax doesn't send a fax tone. It is called from
> asterisk as can be seen in the logs.

After a lot of failed effort, including installing from sources, our
conclusion was that OpenSuse must be mising a library that Spandsp requires
to send the fax tone when called.
The same configuration works flawlessly on a Debian distribution. I would like
to make an effort to get it to work on OpenSuse though, for various reasons.

Today I saw that there is something called AsteriskNow.org. Does anybody know
if it works on OpenSuse and can solve the problem with Spandsp?

Or if the new Asterisk 1.4 has a Spandsp / RxFax that works on OpenSuse?

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic Telefon: +45 3816 2582