Re: [opensuse] Cant start X in Xen
  • From: Thomas Miller <tmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:28:22 -0500
Karl Agee wrote:
Having problems getting X working in the xen kernel. I have all the xen stuff installed, and when I boot
with that kernel "xm list" shows the xen server is
running. But when I try to startx, either in
runlevels 3 or 5, it comes back with "Failed to load
nvidia module". Basically, its there:

/lib/modules/2.6.18.2-34-xen/kernel/drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.18.2-34-xen/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia
/lib/modules/2.6.18.2-34-xen/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/nvidiafb.ko

and sax2 wont work with it either. It tells me
"screens present but not configured properly".

btw, this is opensuse 10.2 with the nvidia driver
9631. I've even installed the module manually (insmod)
using the full path and even though I get no error I
still cant work with X.

So whats the magic to getting it working?

--Karl
My startx and startkde fail with errors that it can't find files it needs to run, yet I installed all of appropriate packages on initial install. Some others have reported the same problem in the Xen list too.

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager

http://www.bss-software.com