Re: [opensuse] SUSE repository
  • From: "Gustav Degreef" <gustav97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:29:35 -0500
On 1/2/07, Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

snip

And if you like
yast2, use yast2 with the zypp backend.

Yes, that is what I'd like to do on 10.1

The latter actually being what we explain and recommend, here:
http://opensuse-community.org/Package_Sources/10.2

And yes, the first section recommends and explains how to remove ZMD in
order to use the zypp backend.

Is it the same command for 10.1?

1) definitely remove ZMD, whatever you use, just remove ZMD

That's clear from your posts.

2) *recommended* using smart on 10.1 -- if you want to stick with yast2,
use the zypp backend

Once you remove ZMD, do you have to activate/enable zypp, or does it
just happen? Are there any further steps? Pascal, thanks for taking
the time to give very clear explanations. Gustav