Re: [opensuse] Icons disappear in KDE when using Firefox
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:39:27 +1100
Curtis Rey wrote:
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 04:23, Basil Chupin wrote:
Curtis Rey wrote:
Happy 2007 all! :D

I haven't figured out why when I start Firefox the Icons on my desktop
(KDE 3.55) disappear. For instance, if the browser opens in the right
corner position 0.0 and is say 1024x768 on a 1280x1024 then all the Icons
behind this space are gone - and therefore when I move the browser window
to see that indeed the icons behind have been blanked the icons where I
moved the window is now gone. It's kinda like an eraser.

When I close Firefox then as soon as the browse is truly closed the icons
come back (theres a short period where the browser is gone and so are the
icone).

Any help would be appreciated - likely a straight forward fix (at least
I'm hoping).

TIA, Curtis.
While I have never experienced this so cannot help but have to ask 2
questions: (1) does this happen if you open another application and move
it the way you move FF?; and (2) what happens if you open FF is full
screen and then either use the 'restore' and the 'minimise' buttons?

It only happens in FF. If I set to full screen - F11 and back all that happens is the desktop is void of icons - closing FF and they restore.

Of course I tried all this on my 10.2 before asking you the Qs so all I can say that it isn't FF zapping the icons on you. Not much of a help I know but it does indicate that the answer lies not in FF.

Didn't someone suggest a while back when confronted with a hassle in kde to delete the ./kde dir (after backing it up of course) in your /home and let it rebuild itself? But before doing this better wait for this to be confirmed and don't take my word for it :-) .

Cheers.