Re: [opensuse] Changing users temp folder
  • From: Mike Noble <mgnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:06:26 -0800
On Monday 01 January 2007 21:17, Greg Wallace wrote:

> >> TMPDIR=~/tmp
> >> export TMPDIR
> >>
> >> Put this in /etc/bash.bashrc.local and it will work for all users.
> >> When this file doesn't exists: touch /etc/bash.bashrc.local
> >
> >Or "/etc/profile.local".
> >
> >- --
> >Cheers,
> > Carlos E. R.
>
> I thought I read in an earlier thread that profile.local no loner ran at
> login. Was I mistaken? (I haven't yet gotten around to installing 10.2,
> though I got the boxed set the day after Christmas. Working toward getting
> to it shortly).
>
> Greg W.

Taken from /etc/profile:

# PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE /etc/profile. There are chances that your changes
# will be lost during system upgrades. Instead use /etc/profile.local for
# your local settings, favourite global aliases, VISUAL and EDITOR
# variables, etc ...

If the file does not exist, then you can create it. This will set variables
for every user.

If you want to have individual then by the man pages for bash, you
should be able to use the following:
~/.bash_login
~/.profile

Mike