Re: [opensuse] SUSE repository
  • From: Kenneth Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:01:12 -0500
On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 07:10 -0800, Robert Lewis wrote:
> Pascal Bleser wrote:
> > Robert Lewis wrote:
> >
> > cheers
> The download off the internet is a 3.8-GB DVD roughly for the I386 version.
> The boxed set has the combined 32-bit/64-bit version with extra DVD's.
> It is close to 8.4-GB for that version. I was not aware that
> you could download the boxed version of the 8.4-GB Dual Layer DVD.
> If so where?
>
> If one purchases the 8.4-GB version and puts that as an image for
> YaST installation sources is there anything at the repo's that go beyond
> that?
> Sorry to be a pest on this but I just want to close the confusion in my
> head.

The DVD-9 that comes in the boxed set has both the 32 & 64 bit versions
on it plus it also contains the non-oss stuff. Also the repo has more
then is on the DVD-9 and should be included as a repo as well. ?It never
hurts to add more repo's as long as you know what you are doing. If you
add third party repo's you do so at your own risk as they are not
formally supported although the members on this list will help to the
best of their ability.

--
Ken Schneider