Re: [Fwd: Re: [opensuse] Mail from FireFox.]
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 02:20:03 -0500
On Monday January 01 2007 1:59 am, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Of course editing this file won't work - it's not the file.
>
> Something is really screwed up there Fred if you can only find the one
> prefs.js on your system.
>
> Below are all the prefs.js file on my 10.2 install - and not all relate
> to FF or TB. Because I do not use FF or Thunderbird (TB) as they are
> installed by 10.2 itself (I install my own, from mozilla.org into my
> /home directory) the prefs.js in /usr are only cosmetic entries - it's
> the ones in the /home directory which are the active ones (for FF and TB).
>
> /home/basil/.thunderbird/xxxxxxxxxx.default/prefs.js
> /home/basil/firefox/defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js
> /home/basil/firefox/defaults/profile/prefs.js

This is interesting. The FireFox I have installed is from SUSE, including
their latest update. There ISN'T in my home dir a /home/xxx/firefox
directory. There's a .firefox dir. with not much in it. Now, WHY is there so
much difference between what SUSE is shipping and what installs from the FF
site?!

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.