Re: [opensuse] Cant setup up repos
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:20:49 -0800

On Sunday 31 December 2006 14:54, S Glasoe wrote:
> On Sunday 31 December 2006 16:15, Curtis Rey wrote:
> > The problem is is that is exactly what I have! I'm also having a problem
> > with my home folder in kde. Everytime I open it - it opens and then
> > before it cats the whole directory (just when it's finished - it shuts
> > down) I loaded "kfmclient Profile filemanagement" from the console but
> > get no output.
> >
> > <shrugs> :/ Curtis.
>
> I know that should be 'kfmclient openProfile filemanagement' instead of
> just 'Profile'... For what its worth.

Opps! typo in email post. It is and was indeed the above you posted, I just
mistyped. Eitherway. I did a "mv .kde kde-bkup" and then transferred my
files for such things as kmail/kontact, etc. When I updated to 10.2 (as well
as other version) I have sequestered my /home/* and /usr/local directories on
their own partition (so as not to format/overwrite those directories).
Therefore, some of the config files that remain in the .kde directory are old
and from previous kde version. Though many may get updated that's not always
the case. I then updated some kde rpms and that's when my problems started.

Now my mail and book marks are saved and my desktop is nice and crisp and
snappy.

Cheers, Curtis.

- --
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!