Re: [opensuse] Good PCI-Express video card for around US$150 or less
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:14:04 -0500
On 2006/12/31 18:26 (GMT-0500) Doctor Who apparently typed:

> As the subject says, my new motherboard requires a PCI-E video card.
> What is a good performing PCI-E video card that's well supported on
> openSUSE for under US$150? No gaming here, just compiz effects.

I don't know about compiz, but any motherboard with a standard PCI slot
can use a standard PCI video card. That means great cards from Matrox
and others from last century, generally available on eBay for little
more than shipping cost, make an excellent low budget subsitute for PCI-E.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409