Re: [opensuse] Routing Question
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:46:55 -0600
On 12/31/2006 Toshi Esumi wrote:
> or loadbalancing, or ISP2 as the backup in case ISP1's connection is
> down.

Yeah. Something like that. It's a royal pain in the B___ to have to pull
the computer out and switch cables then reboot to get the new address
right in the middle of doing something. Once upon a time long long ago
in one of my windows setups I had a setting where I could use the high
speed through the local network or it would automatically connect
through the modem and share the connection if the high speed failed.

Load sharing would be nice sometimes, like doing multiple downloads with
kget or ktorrent.

AND an automatic backup connection would be great. One drops and the
other just takes up the load.

OH heck! Who am I kidding. OK, the straight skinny. It's there!!!! And
it ain't hooked up to my computer!!

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh