Re: [opensuse] Asus M2N SLI
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:13:37 -0500
On Sunday 31 December 2006 11:06, Nick Zentena wrote:
> On Sunday 31 December 2006 10:59, James Knott wrote:
> > Bruce Marshall wrote:

> > > I had three boards in a row 'smoke' on me when I first installed
> > > them.
> > >
> > > I was able to get replacements each time from the vendor. And
> > > the last of those three was in a complete new chasis that was
> > > assembled by the vendor.
> > >
> > > I finally shipped that back and told the vendor to reassemble it
> > > with an Intel MB and I haven't used ASUS since. At the time I
> > > was told that ASUS's quality control sucked and that they would
> > > re-ship returned boards without even looking at them.
> >
> > I'm on my 2nd ASUS mom board. The first I used for about 4.5
> > years, before upgrading to my current 64 bit ASUS system. Both
> > have worked well with Linux.
>
> I must be on my 6th or 7th Asus board. Never had a problem with
> Linux. Never had a board fail. Including the one that must be 20
> years old and would still run today if I felt like plugging it in.
[...]
> Nick
=========
I believe Asus made a good motherboard, several years ago, but of late,
they seem to have forgotten about quality control and proper support
for their equipment. I've had any number of people, both locally &
elsewhere tell me they quit using them years ago! I think many people
still get them from their previous experience, thinking they are still
as good.

bye,
Lee