Re: [opensuse] Changing users temp folder
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:57:32 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2006-12-31 at 18:12 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

> However, while browsing if you do see a pdf file and decide to view it then
> you would need to have first set the *file associations* in both Firefox and
> konqueror (as far as I can tell). Have you looked at this setting in FF
> (Edit/Preferences/Content/File Types)? Or in konqueror (Settings/Configure
> Konqueror/File Associations)?
>
> In FF if you try and, say, view a pdf file for the first time and the pdf has
> not yet been dealt with in File Types then FF will ask you what you want to do
> with this (new) pdf file- there is a menu which appears giving you options.
> Again, here you have control over the fate of this pdf document.

Not exactly, not completely. When you click on a pdf file or any other
file type the browser (which ever browser) knows how to handle, it offers
to open or download it. If you choose open (or if have set the browser to
always open, don't ask), before opening it, it will be downloaded
somewhere, and the browser (mozillla, for instance) does not ask where
that temporary download will go; what I have seen is that it goes to a
random named file somewhere under /tmp.

The OP is asking how to change that destination to be somewhere under his
home folder instead.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.