Re: [opensuse] Changing users temp folder
  • From: Sylvester Lykkehus <zly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 03:24:28 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:
Jeffery Fernandez wrote:
-snip-
When I was using mandriva I was used to having my tmp folder within my home directory. This way when I download a file which happens to be a pdf and gets opened by an other application like kpdf, the file gets stored in my ~/tmp folder than the systems tmp folder.
-snip-

You have the choice of specifying where all your downloads should go when a download is initiated. I created a directory called Downloads in my ~/home and everything I download goes there. Cannot see why you can't do the same.

Cheers.

I think he means, when clicking a link in a browser he gets the option to open it with "application X", or download the file. If he opens with "application X", the file will be downloaded to /tmp, and opened by the application in question.

Best regards
Sylvester Lykkehus