Re: [opensuse] Getting rid of "Marching Penguins"
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:34:58 +0800
James Knott wrote:
> Whenever I boot my notebook computer, after installing 10.2, I get those
> "Marching Penguins".
The screen is programmed to be randomly shown.
> While they may have been cute around Christmas,
> they're beginning to wear thin. Is there any simple way to get rid of
> them?
That was answered on the Factory mailing list. It isn't too hard. It
was also mentioned on this list a couple weeks ago.
> Why on earth is there such a thing on something that should be
> used in business?

You use Linux, it is all about choice. You can configure it whichever
you choose. There is no "evil empire" that dictates what your boot
screen looks like. My kids love it.

--
Joe Morris