Re: [opensuse] Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:31:38 -0600
On 12/29/2006 Tom Patton wrote:
> It's a question of availability in my case...6 miles from town, no
> cable or dsl available. It's a real pain, for sure!

[ Standard Disclaimer: I receive no compensation from.............. ]

We also live "out in the boonies" but have found a couple viable
options. One is available just about everywhere.

Two way satellite. Stay away from Direcway/Hughes. It works but speed is
an issue. Wild Blue has the speed. Of course with satellite
communications heavy cloud cover and stuff can degrade signal to the
point it drops the connection.

WIFI. We have found a local WIFI supplier that is great. HIGH speed and
reliability. Doesn't seem to be affected by rain, even pretty heavy
downpours. Only major issues have been when lightning hit one of his
towers and someone hacked into his system.

We use the WIFI as our primary connection, with the satellite secondary,
and dial up as last resort.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh