[opensuse] more printer problems
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:06:19 -0500
I had my HP970Cxi working, then it failed. I managed to install it again,
once, and it successfgully printed a test page, but nothing since. I decided
to remove it, and start over. Now when I get up to the window that says
"settings" and "print test page" or something like that, I select letter
size, and then go to test, and a little "Authentication - KDE Daemon" window
opens in the bottom tool bar. I snap on that, and it asks me for a password.
I have never used more than one password on this machine, but the Daemon
won't take that password. What do I do now? If I can't have a printer work
in Linux, I will have no choice but to go back to Windows, even the miserable
Windows 98, which I at least have the software for, somewhere. Don't send me
anything I have to print out to learn--I can't print anything at the moment,
and the Windows machine is totally kaput right now. As you can see, it's
hair-tearing time on Long Island!

--doug