Re: [opensuse] Which flavor of openSUSE for Intel Core Duo chipset
  • From: Benjamin Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:58:25 -0600
On Dec 29, 2006, at 7:52 PM, Doctor Who wrote:

Silly question, but I've always run SUSE on x86-32 machines. I now
have a Intel Core Duo E6400 processor. What flavor of openSUSE do I
need for this? EM64T?

The AMD64 version will work fine on this, but it does seem to matter which chipsets are on the motherboard when it comes to Intel for some odd reason. You'll need the DVD version as the 64 bit version of openSUSE isn't on the CD's.

- Ben
--
Envy, n: Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage instead of having to try and acquire one.