Re: [opensuse] FTP question.
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:26:44 -0800
On Friday 29 December 2006 11:47, James Hatridge wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> My new web site hoster uses "WS-FTP" to upload to my site. It is only for
> W$, what should I use with Linux?

ROTFL!

I'm sure someone will provide the answer for you.

I personally just use Konqueror, which works fantastic.

For example, to access my perfectreign site, I use

ftp://myusername@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I store the password in Kwallet.

I'm laughing because I'm having an issue at work trying to setup an
inter-agency FTP. Unfortunately the FTP host is running Windows Workstation
2003, so they require WS-FTP to even host files, apparently. They've been
trying to get the thing open, using some funky port number, for several
weeks. I'm just sitting by and laughing at the whole business.

--
kai - theperfectreign@xxxxxxxxx

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...