Re: [opensuse] k3bsetup missing kdesu?
  • From: J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:47:34 -0800
Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Using the newly installed SuSE 10.2
>
> When I start k3b I was told I need to run k3bsetup, and if I run
> k3bsetup I was told command not found: 'kdesu'.
>
> I tried a lot to find which package might contain this 'kdesu'. I
> installed KDE Utilies package, KDE Extra Utilities, KDE libraries but
> non seems to have this tool. If I remember well this tool was there in
> SuSE 10.1 default installation (X system had gnome chosen). I also tried
> to google it, google result seems to suggest a kdedu package was there
> for 10.1. I can hardly google further because after the Taiwan
> earthquake every webpage outside China is very difficult to reach. (I
> hope this email can reach the mailing list )

root@tecra1:~> which kdesu
/opt/kde3/bin/kdesu
root@tecra1:~> rpm -qf /opt/kde3/bin/kdesu
kdebase3-3.5.5-78

Sounds like you didn't choose to install kde, which is odd since k3b is a kde
app. It's probably easiest to either use the gnome cd burning program,
whatever that is, or go into yast and install kde.

Joe