Re: [opensuse] easy kde/gnome/mono questions
  • From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:45:52 -0500
On 12/22/06, J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want to try gnome, just log out of your kde session and log into
a gnome session by choosing "gnome" as session type in the login manager.

Okay, I do want to experiment with gnome. I can do as you describe
and it works fine if I'm at the console from an INIT 5 login.

I normally login via FreeNX. It too has a gnome selection on the
config page, but I suspect I need to do something in my SUSE box to
change my default login to gnome. ie. When I try to just change the
FreeNX client I get a basically blank window, not any icons / control
panel at all.

FYI: I also tried a simple startx from an INIT 3 text window and KDE
was launched so obviously my setup has KDE as the default.

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer