Re: [opensuse] Hibernate on Lid-close - OpenSuSE 10.2
  • From: "Bruce A. Mallett" <bam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:15:58 -0500
James Ogley wrote:
>>> Anyway, can someone tell me what has happened to the switch in power
>>> management configuration which allows automatic hibernation on lid-close
>>> events?
>>>
>> You are not alone .. I've been wondering the same thing!
>>

> This is now controlled through the GNOME or KDE power-management tool,
> think it says so in the Release Notes, but it would have been easy to
> miss.

It is possible that it is in Gnome, but it is not available in KDE under
10.2
Wrt the lid-close button, KPowersave only lists options for locking the
screen, nothing else (that is in the "General Settings" tab).
Bringing up Yast Power Management shows a note that to the effect of
what you said (i.e., it refers to gnome-power-manager or kpowersave for
other settings), but alas no lid-close-suspend settings are there either.

- Bruce