Re: [opensuse] No reboot option
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:01:06 +0200
On 12/28/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, there are no options on Thinkpad laptop, but they are there on
desktop. One difference that I'm trying to check is that on laptop
default option is 1 (WIndows) and on desktop it's 0 (SuSE). I do not
believe it could be the reason, but I'll try to change it anyway. Also
on Thinkpad I edited boot menu through yast, while on desktop I did
not touch it.

I think I figured it out. Of course it was not default option.
Go to Personal Settings -> System Administration -> Login Manager.
Select Administrator mode and then "Shutdown" tab.

Under "Miscellaneous" you'll see "Boot Manager". It was "None" on my
Thinkpad. Chose GRUB and Apply and voila: Restart Computer has now
this drop-down box with options.

--
Mark Goldstein