Re: [opensuse] VLC, succes, let it be known...
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:55:37 -0900
On Wednesday 27 December 2006 11:13, Jan Elders wrote:
> Hi all,
> Because of this thread, I also installed VLC and looked at it.
> It works well, but I fail to see why it should be preferred over Kaffeine.
> Am I missing something ?

Yes, and No.

You are missing the fact that it can read many more formats
than can Kaffeine, and it has the ability to play encrypted
DVDs which Kaffeine does not (unless you search out the
packages that allow this from Packman).

Also you miss the fact that it can stream video to other
machines over your net.

OTHO, if you never do any of that and don't want to, you
are probably not missing anything at all. ;-)

--
John Andersen