[opensuse] Suse+LDAP client+Mac OS X Open Directory
  • From: Marc Hoffman <emulator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:21:05 -0600
Hi All...

I'm trying to integrate a Suse Linux client into an OS X Open Directory
(LDAPv3) domain via the Suse LDAP client. I can get the client to see the
users in order to log on to the domain, but when I try to actually log in,
the system spins for a few minutes and finally returns the error:

"The following installation problem was detected while trying to start KDE:

No write access to $HOME directory (/).

KDE is unable to start."

I have tried to configure the LDAP client to store home directories both
locally and on the server (via NFS shared home directories automounted in
the LDAP domain).

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

< Previous Next >