[opensuse] floppy problem
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 23:03:17 -0500
When I go to the media window in "This Computer" and try to access the floppy
drive, I get an error message, "The process for the media protocol died
unexpectedly." What can I do about this? I tried also to mount the floppy
from the console, and it looked like it mounted, but I couldn't access the
disk, and the usual condition of not being able to remove it without umount
did not happen--I could just take the disk out. I don't think I have ever
used the floppy on this machine, so I can't swear that it works, but KDE
knows it's there.

--doug