Re: [opensuse] Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: steve reilly <sfreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:48:17 -0500
On Tuesday 26 December 2006 14:08, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> Tirsdag 26 december 2006 01:32 skrev J Sloan:

> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of this fine list :-)
>
> - I know not much about the US postal system nor other distributional
> matters in your part of the world.
> - But let me tell you of a small (one man show, I don't know??) business in
> my part of the world, Denmark. See www.linuxpusher.dk, they'll burn CD/DVDs
> and ship them same day. Prices is the cost of burning, shipping and a small
> reasonable profit.
> - If legal (?) in the US, such a small entrepreneur would solve at least
> one of the box problems that I gather you have - from reading this thread.
> - and a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY New Year to you all too !
> --
> ------------------------------
> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
> Verner Kjærsgaard
> Denmark.

I believe you would need to have permission from novell to "sell" or at least
to advertise to "sell" the download of opensuse in the united states. (I
have tried this before on ebay to sell previously owned boxed sets, they
remove the auction, and sent an email stating novell asked that my auction be
removed )

As near as I can tell the novell trademarks and anything to do with opensuse
would have to be removed from the package first. These are registered
trademarks, which no one has the right to distribute for profit without
permission. I never pursued it further, but Im sure the fee is quite steep.

--
This computer is powered by OpenSuse 10.2
kernel-2.6.18.2-34-default