[opensuse] Re: Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: Craig Millar <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:31:10 +0000
On 26/12/06 17:25 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 12:51:21AM -0900, John Andersen wrote:
> > scuze me while I suck a few more rpms off of Packman
> > and Guru to get my machine up to the multi-media functionality
> > Kubuntu 6.10 delivered right off blue and white the dvd.
>
> Does it play MP3s and DVDs? Without installing anything from
> the network?

No, you have to add repositories and install additional stuff. See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats
Personally, I am getting a little tired of the myth of ubuntu perfection.
They have the same restrictions (albeit easy to circumvent) as all other
distros. And if ubuntu was that good, you wouldn't have people whingeing on
other lists about the shortcomings of $DISTRO, now would you? ;-

Craig