Re: [opensuse] Save YaST software config
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:02:49 +0100
John Andersen wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 December 2006 18:15, Jay Smith wrote:
>> So I do a lot of Linux installs and I want to start using OpenSuSE
>> instead of Ubuntu. With Ubuntu's synaptic, you can save all the
>> markings you've made in synaptic so if you ever did a fresh install,
>> you could open the markings and reinstall everything on ubuntu the
>> way you had it. It made reinstalling the OS more tolerable rather
>> than to try to remember everything you had installed. Can you do
>> anything like that with OpenSuSE in YaST. Also, can someone give me
>> the 411 on Smart. I was told to try to use it but I am not sure about
>> it. Thanks a lot
>
> Autoyast

There used to be a way to save the software selection for use later, but
I think it's been gone a while. Unless you regularly do the same
install, autoyast is a very big gun. But if you do, the initial setup
effort does pay off.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed email security.