[opensuse] Save YaST software config
  • From: Jay Smith <susehelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:15:35 -0800

So I do a lot of Linux installs and I want to start using OpenSuSE instead of
Ubuntu. With Ubuntu's synaptic, you can save all the markings you've made in
synaptic so if you ever did a fresh install, you could open the markings and
reinstall everything on ubuntu the way you had it. It made reinstalling the OS
more tolerable rather than to try to remember everything you had installed. Can
you do anything like that with OpenSuSE in YaST. Also, can someone give me the
411 on Smart. I was told to try to use it but I am not sure about it. Thanks a lot