Re: [opensuse] Re: memories?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:09:59 -0800

> > PS: I used to stay after work to play Dungeon on the company DEC
> > PDP11/70 on a character mode terminal. Maybe it wasn't called
> > Dungeon.. "You are in a maze of twisty passages, all the same" was
> > a key line where I frequently got stuck.

We had it, too. I can't remember if it was on the systems at the
University of Wisconsin or at Locus Computing Corp where I first used
it, but that was it.

And definitely it was the "all alike" maze that was the problem. I seem
to recall something about dropping objects to distinguish which passage
or junction you were in at any point that allowed you to get out.

> The game is called "Adventure" and comes with SUSE. You have to
> install bsd-games IIRC.

Oh, my god! That's it!! It's actually there!!!

> "Welcome to Adventure!! Would you like instructions? ...
> -
> This program was originally developed by Will Crowther.

And written in FORTRAN, if I'm not mistaken.

To quote C. Montgomery Burns: "Yes, I'm old."

RRS