Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:19:19 +0200
On 12/26/06, Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

Now I wonder if it only fails if the temperature goes above a certain
level and you connect the AC again, or maybe it is if it has been on
battery for a certain time, because it has happened a few times in the
past that when I run on battery and go back to AC, the machine also
keeps on running hot.

OK, I managed to re-create the problem.

I ran the machine now for about 20 minutes and managed to get the CPU
temperature up to 77 deg C.
When I connected AC again, the schema changed back to Performance
according to powersave, but the fan is still in an off state.

So, the fan state works when you run on battery for a short while, but
not for a longer period of time.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za