Re: [opensuse] Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 16:32:44 -0800

Tom Patton wrote:

> Dear Tom Patton,
>
> The product that you have purchased is a made to order product. This
> means when the order is placed, our manufacturing department starts the
> process of creating the product, this can take up to 7 business days to
> complete. At that time the product will ship out and a tracking number
> will be emailed to you.

How fscking quaint. a hand crafted product, built to order. What is this, the
1890s? I wonder if these folks are familiar with the assembly line concept of
mass production. I mean, you'd think they could plan ahead based on past
orders and say, have a few thousand boxes ready for shipment...

I ordered my 10.2 boxed set yesterday, with 2nd day air - but if they take a
friggin week to ship it, I've just wasted my money. Hopefully the message
quoted above is just boilerplate passed along by some well meaning drone - if
not, I'll be rather disappointed in Novell's ability to plan and execute.

Joe