Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:33:11 -0500
Basil Chupin wrote:
> John E. Perry wrote:
>>
>> Just two problems: first, I took others' advice again to switch from
>> Reiser to ext3fs, but my home directory is too big to get onto cd's or
>> dvd's, so I now have a system based on ext3fs except for the /home
>> directory, which is still Reiser. I'm digging through the home
>> directories so I can divide it onto several dvds, but it's going to take
>> a while.
>>

> How big *is* your /home directory?! :-)

32+G. I have thousands of technical documents from 35+ years of
engineering work, hundreds more from hobbies I've had over the years,
and dozens more from various projects I've done on contract since I got
laid off from my last few jobs.

> And how big is your / partition where Suse is intstalled? Surely it must
> be big enough and with enough space left for you to copy your current
> /home directory to / then format your current /home partition in ext3
> and then it copy back from / . No, this can't be done?

/ is 20G, of which suse 10.2 takes up 5.7G, and I haven't finished
installing all the applications I need and want.

--

John Perry
Embedded Electronics