Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:57:04 +0200
On 12/25/06, Kenneth Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-12-25 at 13:39 +0200, Andre Truter wrote:
> On 12/25/06, Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it seems that the fan is set to off after a hibernate.
> > /proc/acpi/fan/C263/state changes from "status: on" to "status:
> > off", but I have no idea what is causing it. All powersave settings
> > are the same, and all acpi related modules are the same.

What other items do you have in /proc/acpi/fan/? It appears that we are
looking at more then one fan here.

Yes, there are 4 fans (C260 - C263). I only mentioned the last one as
the others are always in an off state.

Also the "status" reading may not be a switch that can be changed but
only a place holder for what is actually happening. You may have to set
a value elsewhere to turn the fan on and off. And the value may only
show "on" when the fan is actually running.

Yes, I assume that it is only and indicator. Problem is that I have
no idea what to do to control the fan or to just change it's state.
I tried the powersave settings, but that have no effect.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za