Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse and why not stay, The Linux Wall
  • From: John K Masters <johnmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 16:05:27 +0000
On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:00:14 +0100 (CET)

> The Monday 2006-12-25 at 10:45 -0500, Mike McMullin wrote:
>
> > > In a word: install those things from packman, or compile them yourself.
> >
> > Perhaps some of us ought to sit down and write this stuff up for the
> > openSuSE wiki, then people can be pointed to the site which will show
> > them where to get faster and proven answers to the more common
> > questions.
>
> I'm afraid it can't go there. Even explanations on how to bypass those
> "limitations" can not go to the site where Novell is responsible and could
> be sued. At least, so I understood.

I am afraid it's goodbye to the Suse mailing list for me. I have never come across a more hostile list and I subscribe to Mutt, Postfix, Procmail, Debian and CentOS. In future I'll work around my own problems but I hesitate to post the solutions here due to the general attitude.

Peace and goodwill to all men (and women)
--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/