Re: [opensuse] 'Goes along with those mad at Novell/SUSE and leave.
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:00:10 +0100
Basil Chupin a écrit :

But Ken, your federal government must have used some other OS before switching to Linux which means that 'they' are a fickle lot and will switch from Linux at a drop of a hat. If they abandoned the other OS then they will abandon Linux given the appropriate excuses.

a gov usually don't do things without reason. you severely underestimate the opensourse stgrenght _in it's principle_.

US gov may trust Msoft (do it?) but no other gov should do and many become aware of that.

let only for safety of financial or military state computers. Do you imagine how easy it is for NSA to get any entry in any computer running windows without anyone knowing it?

any government have the power of reading a kernel source as a way of verifying if there is a backgate.

just as one of many strong argument.

we are far from the usual mediacenter, but this mean than many people have great interest of linux survive.

just an other example.

You are certainly aware of the number of standalone photo card reader/cdwriter one can find in any shop nowaday. Many run Linux. so when we will need a reader driver, we will have one :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO