Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:48:11 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2006-12-25 at 12:05 +0200, Andre Truter wrote:

> The system fan stil comes on at 80 deg and goes off at 75 deg again,
> so the system does not overheat. It just runs hot and every now and
> again, the fan comes on.

Then it could be a changed setting in fan triggering, or that it is a
different "thing" which is triggering the fan.

> I did notice that when the machine resumes or when powersaved is
> restarted, then this message is logged:
> --<snip>--
> Dec 25 10:01:51 fullyautomatix powersaved[5928]: WARNING
> (continueEvent:287) Could not execute program
> /usr/lib/powersave/scripts for event daemon.scheme.change: No such
> file or directory
> --<snip>--

I guess that could be classified as a bug. Some script is missing or a
misspelled one is called. Bugzilla?

Perhaps when the scheme changes temperature settings are changed, and
other things. But a part of it is missing.

I'm just guessing, of course.

> I also noted that I get the following messages during hibernation and
> during restore:
>
> --<snip>--
> Dec 25 09:47:28 fullyautomatix kernel: mmc0: Card is consuming too much power!
> Dec 25 09:47:28 fullyautomatix kernel: mmc0: Unexpected interrupt

If that is true and a card is consuming too much, it also increase the
temperature, but would it affect the cpu? Or is it just a temporary
situation while restoring, then the kernel gets control of things? Unless
a kernel developper has a look at it :-?

> 0x00800000. Please report this to <sdhci-devel@...>.

You could try that, or report it to bugzilla, so that Novell people do.

> Dec 25 09:47:28 fullyautomatix kernel: sdhci:
> --<snip>--
>
> Maybe this has something to do with it?

Who knows?

- --