Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 15:34:20 -0900
On Sunday 24 December 2006 08:13, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 24 December 2006 11:52, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> [12-24-06 11:07]:
> > > Yup... I ordered on the 12th too and have received nothing from
> > > DigitalRiver, email or otherwise other than an order acknowledge.
> > >
> > > In the time since the order, I have switched to Kubuntu and I doubt I
> > > will even use the package if/when it arrives. But long live
> > > Novell.... <not>
> >
> > If you feel that way, and apparently you do considering you have
> > switched distros, LEAVE. Do not hang around here just to bash
> > openSUSE, that is the definition of a troll and the function that you
> > are filling!
>
> As always.. You're a bundle of joy.

To get all the intentionally crippled packages in Ubuntu (or
Kubuntu) requires you to add repositories as well.

I've found this site on kde-apps.org quite usefull. It has a single
script that adds the necessary repositories and then upgrades
kubuntu so that it:

Adds folders to keep you organized,
Gives you what you need to do everyday,
Installs iTunes music store,
Installs AIM/Yahoo/MSN/Google compatible Instant Messaging program.
Allows you to play DVDs and MP3s.
Gives you a good media player that plays ANYTHING.
Can install 3D graphics drivers and/or 3D special effects.

Because, you see, Ubuntu/Kubuntu have the same legal issues
as Novell, and not everything works there either.

--
John Andersen