Re: [opensuse] GRUB bootable cd with network support (SOLVED)
  • From: "Marius Roets" <roets.marius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:26:07 +0200
On 12/20/06, Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You did not mention whether your GRUB was compiled with network
support. Was it? (Step 1 in the SDB article)
Yes, I did, or rather I thought I did. I recompiled GRUB from the
source rpm as described in the article, but the spec file looks
somewhat different in my version (10.1) of Suse. In my spec file there
was a "./configure" and "make", followed immediately by a "make
clean", "./configure" and "make" . I added the network support to the
first "./configure" command (not seeing the second one) and assumed
that I now should have network support. After adding the relevant part
(--enable-eepro100) to the second "./configure" it worked like a
charm.

Cheers,

Leen

Thanks