Re: [opensuse] ?flash on yahoo news?
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:59:36 -0800
On Friday 22 December 2006 05:55, steve reilly wrote:
> hi,
>

> not sure what I did, but in the past I was able to watch video on yahoo
> news, anyone else have a problem?
>
> having had problems with flash and firefox, with advice from someone I
> removed and re installed firefox. removed and re placed the flash 9 plugin
> in the plugin folder in /.mozilla/plugins/ and /usr/lib/browser-plugins/.
> I have no problems viewing flash video on say youtube or streetfire but I
> get nothing on yahoo....... they use flash correct?

No, on my system the news is using an mplayer plugin, so it is some kind of
movie stream. Flash has nothing to do with it. I really don't like watching
idiots speak (a.k.a. the news) so I usually don't play videos over the web,
but it does work in my system. (10.1 with FF 2.0 and mplayer
somethingoranother)

> Happy Holidays.

Yes, only four more days until it is all over! :)
--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request